The Center for Continuing Education (ZWW) offers intercultural training courses as inhouse-events. Designed to assist participants in identifying and dealing with intercultural differences, these courses are an opportunity for both international students and higher education staff members alike to gain valuable insights into different cultures and learn how to be more aware of cultural differences. The intercultural training courses offered by the ZWW consist of a tailor-made program and can be adapted to the individual wishes of its participants.
By preparing participants for the communication across cultural borders, they become more competent and empathic in situations of intercultural conflict. Intercultural training courses also provide them with a refreshing change of perspective that can be extremely helpful when regularly interacting with people from different cultures.
In addition to intercultural training courses, the ZWW also offers diversity and anti-bias trainings, working towards a similar goal of improving communication in heterogeneous groups.
The ZWW has repeatedly offered and carried out target group specific LLL and intercultural exchange programs via several mediators, most prominently with delegations of the People’s Republic of China. Various groups specific to one profession have thus visited tailor-made comparative and intercultural programs either locally at Johannes Gutenberg University in Mainz or in other parts of Germany. Via these programs, the ZWW has had the honor to host a delegation including:
- the Department of Employment and Income Distribution, including the Head of said department,
- the National Development and Reform Commission,
- the Supreme People’s Procuratorate of the P.R. China,
- the Political Department of the People’s Procuratorate of Guangdong Province, including the director of said department,
- the Bureau of the People’s Procuratorate of Heihei Province,
- the State Administration for Industry and Commerce of P.R. China, Beijing,
- a Delegation from AVIC Industries,
- Deputy Director of Beijing Administration for Industry and Commerce,
- Director General Office of Beijing Administration for Industry and Commerce.